Cochin to Bangalore Regular
2+1, Sleeper,AC, Non-Video (36 seats)
About ThrissurBook online bus tickets to Thrissur By Greenline kerala
Thrissur Greenline kerala is about this sound pronunciation formerly known as Trichur, is a city in the Indian state of Kerala. It is the headquarters of the Thrissur District. It is known as the 'Cultural Capital of Kerala'. Thrissur city is built around a 65-acre hillock called the Thekkinkadu Maidan which seats the Vadakkumnathan temple. This area is the city's cultural and spiritual centre, offering --- in addition to religious experiences --- an array of festivals and historical and natural sights. Thrissur is the fourth largest city in Kerala , after Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram and Kozhikode. The nearest international airport is Cochin International Airport, Nedumbassery.
According to data compiled by economics research firm Indicus Analytics on residences, earnings and investments, Thrissur Greenline kerala ranked as the seventh best city in India to reside in. Indicus considered six parameters – health, education, environment, safety, public facilities and entertainment – for preparing their 'reside-in' index of liveability. Thrissur is the place where Christianity and Islam entered in to India, when Apostle St. Thomas set foot 2,000 years ago and the country’s first mosque opened in the 7th Century.
Thrissur Greenline kerala is known for the Thrissur Pooram festival, the most colourful and spectacular temple festival in Kerala. The festival is held at the Thekkinkadu Maidan in April or May. Thrissur has a large number of well-known temples including the Thiruvambady Srikrishna temple, Vadakkumnathan temple and Paramekkavu temple, as well as two famous churches, the Our Lady of Lourdes Metropolitan Cathedral and the Basilica of Our Lady of Dolours. Thrissur is also the venue of Pulikali during Onam celebrations in August or September. Thrissur is an important business centre in South India as well as a leading shopping centers in Kerala for silks and gold jewelry. Thrissur ranks first in the number of domestic tourists in Kerala also. Apart from being the cultural nerve centre of Kerala, it is also a major academic hub and is home to several educational institutions including the Kerala Agricultural University and Kerala Institute of Local Administration (KILA).
Thrissur Greenline kerala is a culturally rich city. Bestowed with breathtaking scenic beauty and warm, generous inhabitants, Thrissur acts as a time warp to the average tourist. It seems one has walked into a settlement that refuses to out grow its quaint, sylvan beauty. The ancient palaces and mansions, the cobbled streets belie the cultural progress made by the people of this beautiful place.
Places Of Interest In Thrissur City through Greenline kerala
1) In Thrissur, the Shakthan Thampuran Palace, also known as Vadakkekara Palace was constructed by the great ruler of Cochin, Shakthan Thampuran and rebuilt in 1795 by Sri. Ramavarma Thampuran. The style of architecture bears considerable Dutch influences.
2) In Thrissur, the Church of Our Lady of Dolors, Thrissur is also known as the New Church and is the biggest church in South Asia.
3) In Thrissur, the Archeological & Art Museum at Thrissur is a depository of graceful stone sculptures, antique jewelry and intricately carved wooden handicrafts.
4) Thrissur Zoo houses a number of wildlife animals and attracts locals and tourists alike.
5) In Thrissur, Kerala Sahitya Academy in collaboration with the Kendriya Sahitya Academy in New Delhi aims at encouraging Malayalam language and promoting its literature especially to the younger generations..
6) In Thrissur, Kerala Lalitha Kala Academy (1962) was established in an attempt to promote the performing and fine arts of the state which had fallen into a decline.
7) In Thrissur, Kerala Sangeetha Nadaka Academy in Thrissur was established to promote dance, theater and music in Kerala. Thanks to its efforts Thrissur can now boast of a theatre with all modern amenities.
8) Vilangan Kunnu in Thrissur is a recreational center and a picnic spot where various amusement devices for children have been constructed.
The main attraction of the city of Thrissur is its culture. Tourists flock from all over the globe to participate in its festivals. Thrissur Pooram is an eight day long event and a spectacular elephant procession is the highlight of this festival. The elephants are decked in golden caparisons and make their way through the city thoroughfare amidst drumbeats, festivities and cheer. Devotees from the Thiruvambadi and the Paramekkavu temples follow these grand creatures and the deities idols are mounted on them. A brilliant firework display brings these festivals to a breathtaking end. Visitors may thus be advised to visit Thrissur in April- May when the Pooram festival is held or in the winter months when the weather is pleasant.
The above places can be visited through Greenline kerala which makes the journey a happy journey.
About KrishnagiriBook online bus tickets to Krishnagiri By Greenline kerala
Krishnagiri Greenline kerala is a municipal city and the headquarters of Krishnagiri District in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is located 90km from Bangalore and 45km from Hosur. Mango is cultivated as the main crop and it is considered the birth place of mangoes. The land here is extremely fertile with rich access to fresh water and is amenable to growing crops. Krishnagiri is a rapidly growing town and is the site of significant business and residential development. The Krishnagiri Dam is currently undergoing expansion and a variety of small scale industry zones are being set up.
Thousands of visitors visit Krishnagiri Greenline kerala each year. Majority come from Hosur/Bangalore or Chennai. KRP (Krishnagiri Reservoir project) dam constructed in 1960's during the rule of the then Chief Minister Kamaraj located near the town, is a nice picnic spot. Nearby, Sayed Basha hills has a fort that was the fortress of the ruler, Tippu Sultan. Treks to the nearby hills/mountains as well as farm houses are located in the outskirts. The boat house is situated 8 km from the central bus stand. There are a variety of ancient temples in the vicinity of Krishnagiri. Nearby Ramapuram is the site of a 500 year old Rama Temple that draws many visitors each year.
Tourist Attractions in Krishnagiri by Greenline kerala
Make your Tour to Krishnagiri memorable by visiting these famous tourist places near Krishnagiri –
1) Krishnagiri Dam
2) Located about 10 km from Krishnagiri, this dam is an excellent spot for picnic Built in between the years 1955-57, this dam sprawls over an area of 50 acres, with its either side being decked with beautiful flower gardens.
3) Government Museum
The museum houses exhibits from various subjects such as Archeology, Anthropology, Botany, Zoology, Geography, etc, and is a means to spread the tradition, heritage, culture and art of the region.
Places around Krishnagiri
Explore the land of Krishnagiri, visiting the places around it, while on a Tour to Krishnagiri –
1) Arulmigu Maragathambigai Chandra Choodeswarar Temple
2) Located in Hosur on National Highway 7, this temple stands on a hillock. Beside the temple are a children's park and an observatory, setup by the tourism department.
Nestled amidst valleys and cliffs, this place situated 25 km from Hosur experiences cold and cloudy weather resembling England and is therefore referred to as Little England since the British days. Remnants of the 16th century Denkanikottai Fort here is a major attraction, which was destroyed during war between Hyder Ali and Tipu Sultan.
3) Kelevarapalli Dam in Krishnagiri.
4)Dharmapuri in Krishnagiri.
5)This nearby district has several attractions, such as the famous Hogenakal waterfalls, fresh water Crocodiles, mouth-watering mangoes, and the best quality marble stone reserves in the world.
Fairs & Festivals in Krishnagiri.
1) Mango Festival in Krishnagiri.
Krishnagiri is the venue for this famous festival, celebrated on the last 3 days of June. An event for the buyers and sellers to meet, various mangoes are kept on display at this festival.
2) Car festival in Krishnagiri.
Krishnagiri is one of the tourists place and makes the journey enjoyable.